Accurate Heating & Cooling offers a number of HVAC Accessories that greatly enhance your homes comfort. Many of the accessories also greatly enhance your homes indoor air quality. Call us today at 402-238-2425 for all your HVAC accessory needs.
Comfort Controls – Popular HVAC Accessories
Trane offers a complete line of digital, programmable and non-programmable thermostats to meet your needs. Each has been designed to maximize the performance of Trane’s heating and air conditioning systems with reliable, accurate temperature control.
Many Trane Thermostat models allow homeowners to monitor and control their home HVAC system from any internet enabled smartphone. Using the Nexia service, homeowners can remotely control other connected home accessories as well. Advanced programmable scheduling allows maximum indoor comfort coupled with energy savings.
The Trane XL824 is a popular model.
- Easily change the temperature before you arrive or if you forgot to set it before you left.
- Reduce costs by setting up a schedule or putting your comfort system into an energy savings mode when you’re away.
- Enjoy the convenience and security of text and email alerts.
More information about the Trane thermostat models available can be found on the Trane website. Other Trane HVAC products can also be found on the website.
Emerson and Honeywell Offer Popular Thermostats
Accurate Heating & Cooling also installs Honeywell and Emerson thermostats as HVAC Accessories. Both of these brands have proven reliability and performance. The Honeywell thermostats are very user friendly and offer very reliable performance. The Emerson thermostats are very affordable and simple to operate.
Honeywell FocusPro 5000 Non-programmable thermostat (Model TH5110D1006 for 1H/1C or 1H/1C-HP)
Honeywell’s focuspro 5000 digital thermostat offers the perfect blend of features, performance, energy savings and value. With the largest backlit screen in its class, the focuspro 5000 prominently displays both room and set temperature. Application: up to 1 heat/1 cool conventional systems and heat pumps with no auxiliary heat dimensions: 3-7/16 inch H x 4-1/2 inch W x 1-5/16 inch D horizontal mounting.
Honeywell FocusPro 5000 Non-programmable thermostat (Model TH5220D1003 for 2H/2C or 2H/1C-HP)
Honeywell’s focuspro 5000 digital thermostat offers the perfect blend of features, performance, energy savings and value. With the largest backlit screen in its class, the focuspro 5000 prominently displays both room and set temperature. Application: up to 2 heat/2 cool conventional systems and heat pumps with no auxiliary heat dimensions: 6.5 inch W x 4.6 inch H x 2.5 inches D horizontal mounting.
Honeywell FocusPro 6000 Programmable thermostat (Model TH6220D1002 for 2H/2C or 2H/1C-HP)
- Provides electronic control of 24 Vac conventional and heat pump systems
- Large, clear, backlit display – easy to read in various lighting conditions.
- Display size options – available in large screen or standard.
- Precise comfort control (+/-1 F) – maintains consistent comfort to the highest level of accuracy.
- Simplified programming and operation.
- Easy change battery door – flip out door allows for easy battery replacement without removing or disassembling the thermostat.
- Built in instructions – simple, pull out instruction manual.
- Adaptive Intelligent Recovery – ensures programmed temperature is reached by programmed time.
- Temperature range stops – prevents user from setting the temperature too high or too low.
- Application Heat/Cool or Heat Pump with Auxiliary Heat.
- Programmability 5-1-1 Day Program.
- Changeover Auto/Manual Selectable Color Premier White.
- Switch Positions (System) HEAT-OFF-COOL-AUTO-EM.HEAT.
- Switch Positions (Fan) AUTO-ON. Power Method Battery or Hardwired.
- Terminal Designations Rc, R, W (O/B), W2 (AUX), Y, Y2 (E), G, L, C.
- Dimensions (in.) 3 9/16 in. High X 5 13/16 in. Wide X 1 1/2 in. Deep. Mounting Horizontal.
More information about the various Honeywell thermostats can be found on the Honeywell website.
Emerson 70 series programmable thermostat (1F78-151)
Keep your home at the perfect temperature 7 days a week with this Emerson thermostat. The 5/2 day programmable thermostat lets you set a different schedule for weekdays and weekends, saving energy and money. It also has an easy to read digital display. This thermostat will work on most single stage systems. For use on 24-Volt and millivolt systems. Not compatible with electric baseboard heat and some other systems.
- Easy-to-read display with backlight
- 5-2 day programmable – set different schedules for weekdays and weekends
- Compatible with single-stage heating, cooling and heat pump (without aux) systems
- Precise temperature control of plus/minus 1 degree F
- Battery-powered for maximum compatibility – two AAA batteries included for your convenience
Emerson 70 series non-programmable thermostat (1F78-144)
The Emerson 1F78-144 single stage thermostat has an easy to read digital display. This non-programmable thermostat works with most single-stage heating and cooling systems. It is for use on 24-Volt and millivolt systems. Not compatible with electric baseboard heat and some other systems.
- Easy-to-read digital display with backlight
- Non-programmable thermostat
- Compatible with single stage heating, cooling and heat pump (without aux) systems
- Precision control of plus/minus 1F
- Millivolt compatible
Whole House Media Air Cleaners – Popular HVAC Accessories
There are other air filter options besides the standard 1 inch air filter. A popular option is a 5 inch pleated air filter that slides into an air cleaner box. We can usually install the media air filter box between the return air duct and the furnace. The media air filter captures and removes a significant amount of the airborne particles from the air circulated through the high efficiency pleated media filter. Additionally, the media filter requires no electrical connections or maintenance beyond periodic media filter replacement. While every home is different, many homes can go up to six months between changing the media air filter. The Honeywell Media Filter Air Cleaner is a popular option. A product brochure for the Honeywell Media Air Filter is available here. For more information on the 5″ pleated air filter is available here.
Trane Clean Effects Electronic Air Cleaner – Popular HVAC Accessories
Trane CleanEffects utilizes patented, breakthrough air cleaning technology to remove up to an astounding 99.98% of airborne allergens from the air that passes through the filter, making it 8 times more effective than even the best HEPA room filters and up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1″ filter.
What’s more, Trane Clean Effects has been performance-tested by LMS Technologies and Environmental Health &Engineering, Inc. (EH&E), with the results verified by professors from the Harvard School of Public Health, so you know you’re getting an air filtration system like no other. For more information on the Trane Clean Effects Electronic Air Filter is available here. A Trane CleanEffects Air Cleaner Brochure is available here.
The Air Scrubber – The Most Popular of HVAC Accessories
Air Scrubber Plus® is a revolutionary new system designed to help eliminate indoor air quality risks by reducing air pollutants, VOCs (chemical odors), cigarette smoke, dust, pollen, mold, odor-causing bacteria, and odors caused by pets and cooking.
With ActivePure® Technology, you can go beyond traditional air purification systems by not only eliminating stale odors and reducing dust, but actually eliminating harmful contaminants* in the air and on the surfaces of your home.
The Air Scrubber Plus by Aerus substantially reduces odors, visible smoke in the air, and microbial populations on surfaces*, utilizing the patent pending ActivePure® Technology. ActivePure consists of a special UV light and photocatalyst target, creating an Advanced Oxidation Process containing several friendly oxidizers. Certified Space Technology continuously protects and purifies the air, and attacks contaminants on all surfaces.
Combining the Air Scrubber with a 5 inch medial air filter provides the best indoor air comfort out there.
Dry winter air in the home can cause dry skin, nose and throat discomfort and static electricity. It also can cause wood floors and trim in your home to shrink, walls to crack and wood instruments to warp. When a furnace runs in the winter it consistently dries the air. Replenish moisture levels in your home by installing a whole-house humidifier.
Humidifiers work in tandem with your furnace system to deliver desired humidity levels throughout your home. Maintaining proper humidity levels in your home is essential to maintaining indoor comfort during the winter months. Moderate humidity levels make you feel warmer at lower temperatures, which means you can set your thermostat lower without sacrificing comfort.
The Trane Humidifier shown below is a popular model and we find that homeowners are very happy with them.
The photo below shows a humidifier mounted on the furnace duct work.
For additional information, a Trane Humidifier Brochure is available here. And there is also a page on the website that further describes home humidification.
The next time you have us out for seasonal maintenance on your HVAC equipment, talk to one of our friendly technicians about HVAC accessories. We can help you pick out the best accessories for your particular application. Call us today at 402-238-2425 for all your HVAC accessory needs.